Change of Mind
If you change your mind, items purchased from Russell Scientific can be returned to us for a refund or exchange within 14 days of receipt as long as goods are returned in their original, un-opened condition with proof of purchase. Please always obtain proof of postage when returning items. Refunds can only be issued to the original method of payment.
This returns period is extended until the 7th of January for Christmas gifts purchased in December the previous year.
Personalised items cannot be returned unless faulty or damaged (see below). The exact colour of engraved text on personalised items may vary from photographs due to the finish of the metal before powder coating with weather dials, and the natural grain of the wood with wooden dials. If you would like a particular finish then please call before ordering to discuss your requirements, as variations in engraving are not considered to be faulty.
If you are unsure whether the charts you have ordered for your instrument will fit, please contact us to discuss your requirements before using your charts as marked charts and/or incomplete boxes of charts cannot be returned for exchange or refund.
For digital purchases, the software must be un-used and license keys not redeemed. If you have ordered software which has been tailored to your unique preferences or location, this is classed as a personalised product and cannot be returned unless faulty (see below).
If you believe an item has arrived damaged or faulty, you must inform us as soon as possible so that we can investigate, and will be eligible for a refund as long as the item is returned to us within 30 days of receipt in original condition with proof of purchase and proof of damage/fault. Please always obtain proof of postage when returning items. Refunds can only be issued to the original method of payment.
Russell Scientific products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period as determined by the manufacturer (minimum one year). Within the initial manufacturer warranty period Russell Scientific will either repair or replace, at our option, the product free of charge.
The warranty excludes the following:
- Equipment not of Russell Scientific supply
- Equipment other than the UK versions as sold by Russell Scientific
- Equipment which has been fitted with non-manufacturer approved accessories, batteries or power supply
- Equipment which fails due to misuse, abuse or damage
- Equipment which has been serviced/repaired by anyone other than Russell Scientific
- Equipment which has been installed incorrectly
- Equipment damaged by failure to follow the user manual instructions
- Equipment used outside of expected use of product
- Change of mind (refund): You will pay the cost of returning the item(s) to Russell Scientific
- Change of mind (exchange): You will pay the cost of returning the item(s) to Russell Scientific. Postage costs may also apply for the dispatch of an alternative product.
- Damaged/Faulty items: You will pay the cost of returning the item(s) to Russell Scientific andRussell Scientific will refund your postage cost if a fault is found. Alternatively, a courier collection may be arranged at our cost. Please discuss return shipping quotes with us before purchasing or sending to ensure that your refund will be authorised. A replacement or repaired unit will be sent out to you free of charge if a fault is found. Please note, if you send an item back to Russell Scientific and when tested, no fault is found, we will be unable to refund the postage costs you incurred to send the item back to us, and you will need to cover the postage cost to have the item returned to you.
- Please contact us to discuss a suitable shipping service before returning items to us if your original invoice stated 'Fragile Shipping'.
Russell Scientific offers a helpful, responsive and an expert technical support service via email. Technical assistance is offered to our customers for weather equipment purchased from Russell Scientific within the warranty period. Russell Scientific offers a paid support and repair service to those seeking advice outside of their equipment's warranty or the option to purchase replacement and spare parts for their product. In this instance, items sent into us for testing are done so at your own cost and you will need to cover the postage cost to have the item returned to you.
When contacting Russell Scientific with a support request, please provide as much relevant detail as possible. We have worked with many different brands and models of weather stations, so the more background information you can provide on the fault and the product it relates to, the more comprehensive our advice will be.
When emailing the Russell Scientific support team please make sure you include the following information:
What is the problem?
A clear description of what appears to be wrong, which should be brief but specifying all relevant details. For example, if there's a reading that seems inaccurate or is missing, then clarify if that reading is on the weather console or the PC software, for example. Detail briefly what troubleshooting measures have been tried to date and with what result.
What equipment are you using?
Include all of your equipment's specification details, the model number, manual or digital, wireless or cabled, and any accessories fitted (e.g. Anemometer Transmitter or additional Temperature Transmitter).
If it's a problem with the weather software or the data stored on the PC then which version of the data logger and program are you using? Which version of Windows is on the PC?
When did you buy your equipment and who from?
When was it purchased? (This will give our team and indication of age/version and whether or not the unit is still under warranty.) Do you have a Russell Scientific invoice number and/or date of purchase?
Your contact details?
Please include your full invoice address and contact details in all correspondence so that our team can find the relevant account information within our system.
Returning goods to Russell Scientific
After having contacted Russell Scientific with the above information and it has been deemed necessary to return part or all of your equipment for testing and/or repair then please follow the below guidelines.
> Please pack your equipment carefully to protect it from damage in transit, and include no more equipment than requested.
> Be sure to include your Russell Scientific Returns Reference Number on the outside of your packaging for efficient processing. If your RMA is not included with your goods then the return of your equipment will be delayed. If you have not been issued a Returns Reference Number, then please call or email Russell Scientific before sending your equipment in to us.
> Be sure to include your name and address and a brief description of the problem along with copies of any documentation relating to the original purchase you may have.
Address your goods to our offices:
Russell Scientific Instruments Ltd
9 Church Field Road
Chilton Industrial Estate
> In some circumstances, after providing technical support via email, we may request that you send your equipment direct to the manufacturer for investigation or repair. If this is the case then we will inform you and provide you with the correct address.